Tuesday, September 22, 2009

BLOG 2

I was wandering around Mission Street the other day trying to figure out a story to write for the reporting class. I saw a firefighter hanging out on his cell phone, so I tried to talk to him.
(When I go into random conversations, I leave it up to the other person to set the topic. Sometimes it's awkward.)
Either way, the firefighter told me that there was a meeting going on in the library, and I stumbled into it 40 minutes late. I caught the end of residents and police talking about traffic and graffiti.
I decided to do the story on graffiti, so I walked to a liquor store to ask the guy there how it affected him.
He told me about how some people use an acid solution to burn their tag into glass. It costs a lot to repair because you can't just wash it off; it becomes part of the glass. He has to replace the entire window if he wants it gone. Huge bummer.

Then I went to a bar.
A friend met me there and we didn't leave until 3 a.m.

2 comments:

  1. so the question is why do they do that? It's a waste of money on their side (the people who do graffiti) as well as the stores' owners' side. Buying acid solution? That's what I call an effort. Would love to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dalton, are the chemicals dangerous? Might be interesting to follow a graffiti artist around with your camera.

    ReplyDelete