Monday, September 21, 2009

A Taste for Pacific Heights

So I tried the food out for size and it’s pretty damn good where I ventured to in Pacific Heights. I went to the Grove restaurant which is on Fillmore Street. It was a pretty nice vibe and everyone seemed pretty friendly and considerably happy so it made me considerably happy. The day was sunny and the streets were pedestrian populated so a friend and I sat outside and enjoyed a sufficient lunch. I got the cheese steak with onions and a refreshing, potent Chimay. I may have even gotten a little buzzed on the Chimay, which helped my attitude out a bit considering my meal alone was 17 dollars. ( I tried to copy and paste a picture of Chimay beer and it didn't work but you guys get the picture.)

I thoroughly enjoy hanging out in this neighborhood even though it hasn’t proven to be the most easiest neighborhood to report on because of the bourgeois that frequent the street. Yet, I can honestly say that the neighborhood is pretty cool. People smile a lot here which made me smile a little more. In fact, since everyone seemed to have shopping bags it kind of made me want to shop a little even. In a bizarre way, Pacific Heights has a contagious effect and I can see why people want to live around here although financially, it’s almost impossible.

Afterwards we walked to a park not to far away, Lafayette Park and it was awesome. It’s definitely a beautiful park tucked away in the city with an indescribable view and almost like a whole other part to explore at the top of the park. There was a playground and a tennis court, very different atmosphere than Dolores Park in the Mission district. It wasn’t very populated though on the side that were sitting, except for a guy chugging whiskey sitting a little behind us. I was actually surprised that I was surprised to see him there considering I hadn’t seen a single homeless person that whole time.

There’s a couple other spots that I would like to try out like Thai Stick and this one cool pizza joint, Dino’s, I think. I definitely have to make some stops in the Fillmore as well other than the frozen yogurt place I went to one night called Jubilee, which was so bomb. It’s brightly lit with an array of tasty options and it’s open late every night. All in all, as far as food goes, I have to say I am more than adequately satisfied with the all the options to appease my more than willing palette.

1 comment:

  1. Huevos rancheros at the Grove. I cracked up reading the story. You got Lafayette Park down pat.

    ReplyDelete