Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dresses and Aliens

After a long day of walking the streets of Hayes Valley I decide its time to eat. I remember going to Hayes Kebab spring semester during one of my photo shoots for photo 2. The thought of mediterranean made my mouth water, and I remember having a pretty dam good gyro there. I walked up to the window of the restaurant and became confused then angry. Hayes Kebab no longer existed. Instead of seats and glorious mediterranean food there were racks filled with frivolous dresses. I stood bewildered just staring into the window.

"Are you looking for something?" somebody asked from behind me.

It was an older man around my height and a heavier set. He explained to me that the store I had been looking into was filled with old dresses from the drag bar down the block. I told him no and proceeded to ask him questions about the neighborhood. I got some good stuff from him. He then asked me if I liked men. I told him no, sorry I like women. The man then told me how difficult it was to come out to his parents, and after that shit started to get deep.

Stories about how is grandma's spirit had visited him and told him to talk to his mother. How he saw spirits during his childhood, and then asked me if I had any experiences with aliens. I told him the truth that I've had dreams about them, but every kid who watches ufo hunters on TLC has had multiple dreams of ET. Apparently this guy has seen several ufo's and communicates telepathically with them. Throughout the conversation all I can do is nod my head and say wow, and sometimes that's crazy. Every time I said that's crazy I hoped I wouldn't provoke an attack from the man. After about thirty minutes of this he had to go to work. I went to shake his hand, but he went in for the hug. The guy had some great info about Hayes Valley, but that was a strange conversation.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to know what he told you about Hayes Valley! I'm sure I'll read more soon enough ...

    ReplyDelete